Practical information

Overview of all relevant practical matters:


To enrol for a BTEC Programmes or a higher technology course, you can use this form (available soon) or get in touch with mr. Harm Holleman or mrs. Lianne Hendriks (see more information).

Visa and residence permit

Your eligibility for a visa depends on:

  • Your nationality – as stated on your passport
  • Your age (minimum 18 years)
  • The duration of your stay: shorter or longer than three months
  • Your purpose of stay: it is assumed that you are travelling to the Netherlands for study or to pursue a preparatory year – if you have any other purpose of stay, please check the website of the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) to find out the requirements. 

Check out: and/or or ask us.


Healthcare insurance
You are required by law have healthcare insurance. The type of healthcare insurance you need depends on your personal situation.
Repatriation insurance
Repatriation means returning to your home country. If you happen to become seriously ill, you might prefer to get medical care close to home. It would be wise to have an insurance policy covering the costs of transferring back to your home country in these situations.
Consult your local insurance company for more information and/or take out (supplementary) insurances.

Engels language level IELTS 4.5

It is essential to speak, read and write English well (send results of a language test: 4.5 IELTS). Such a test must be added to the application in case English is not the first language in your country. Alternatively, a statement from the university can be added to your application if your second / higher degree education was provided in English. Visit the website to get more information where and how to register for your IELTS test. Please note: A language test: 4,5 IELTS is only required for stays longer than three months.


Great, you’re going to study in the Netherlands! But how do you get student accommodation? First things first: student housing in the Netherlands is not arranged for you by Aeres; it is your own responsibility.
There’s a number of options for acquiring accommodation as a foreign student in the Netherlands. However, because this information is sometimes difficult to find, here’s a list of everything you need to help you move forward.
The surroundings of our education and training centres feature a limited number of places you can stay, such as bed and breakfasts, small hotels, rooms you can rent in a house with a landlady or landlord, an apartment you can share, etc.

Student life

You will feel quickly at home in The Netherlands, as the Dutch are generally very friendly to internationals. With a mix of cultures and a wide diversity in cuisines, art & music, there is plenty to enjoy during your stay in The Netherlands.

More information

If you have any questions, please get in touch with Harm Holleman or Linda van Hulst-Florack:
+31 64 685 2581
+31 88 020 7097
+31 6 43442932